Jizō-dō is placed on a rock between Nagara Jinja and Kannon-dō. According to a record of 1733 (19th year of Kyōho Era), “Ōmi yochishiryaku”, the sculpture of Jizō Bosatsu (Kṣitigarbha ) enshrined inside is by the famous artist Jōchō. The actual hall is from 1819 (2nd year of Bunsei Era). It is a simple building but has rich decorations like the sankawarabuki roof, kōryō arabesque on the prospect and lion shaped projections.
|Specified Classification||Cultural Property of City of Ōtsu|
|Location||246 Onjōji-chō, Ōtsu city, Shiga prefecture|