Heritage

Jūhachimyō Shrine

Jūhachimyō Shrine
  • photo
  • movie

Jūhachimyōjin is the deity who protects the garan (Sanskrit: Sangharama), the monastery, the place where dwells the Buddhist community. It was built by Chishō Daishi in 875 (17th year of Jōgan Era), and rebuilt in the actual form in 1836 (7th year of Tempo Era).

Location 246 Onjōji-chō, Ōtsu city, Shiga prefecture