It was started in the 1st year of Heiji Era, 1159, when Emperor Shirakawa’s son, Gyōkei Daisōjō came as chinshin ? of Mii Shugendō. After that, in 1398 (5th year of Ōei Era) it was established as one of the three shrine of nagare tsukuri style. It has been built all over again in 1501 (1st year of Bunki Era) and in 1601 (6th year of Keichō Era). The actual shrine was rebuilt in 1837 (8th year of Tempo Era).
|Location||246 Onjōji-chō, Ōtsu city, Shiga prefecture|