Gobōzenjindō is a hall dedicated to the Kishimonjin, the deity of children and childbirth. Every year on May there is a festival called “Sendango Matsuri”. From 1725 (10th year of Kyōho Era) started a large scale maintenance work. It is on an area large 20m north-south and 100m east-ovest. On west side there is a sangensha (on three pillars) building, and a karamon gate surrounded by sugibei walls (li. transparent). In the small garden in front of the building there was a hall of worship, a pond with a stone bridge. There was also a plan to open the front gate and align all the building but Gobōzenjindō was moved to the actual place in 1734 (19th year of Kyōho Era).
|Specified Classification||Cultural Property of City of Ōtsu|
|Location||246 Onjōji-chō, Ōtsu city, Shiga prefecture|