On the front gate we have a rōmon, a tower gate built in two levels with the hiwadabuki technique. Originally, it was at the Jōrakuji (Konan-shi Ishibe-chō) Tendai sect, then Hideyoshi moved it to Fushimi Castle. Afterward, in 1601 (6th year of Keichō Era), Tokugawa Ieyasu donated it to Miidera temple. It is known all over the country as an outstanding example of rōmon.
|Specified Classification||Cultural Property of Japan|
|Location||246 Onjōji-chō, Ōtsu city, Shiga prefecture|